Maple Baked Chicken Breast
I decided to add a gravy and that in its self is wonderful:)
I adapted this recipe from Audrey M. at Food.com dated Oct. 14, 2005
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- fresh black pepper
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- pam cooking spray
- 1/2 c
- maple syrup
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp
- poultry seasoning
- 1 medium
- red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth
How to Make Maple Baked Chicken Breast
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2In zip lock bag stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour mixture, patting off excess.
- 3Coat a large frying pan with Pam spray. add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to oven safe baking dish.
- 4Stir together, maple syrup, thyme and poultry seasoning and pour over chicken. Lay onions on chicken and gently pour chicken broth all over chicken and onions.
- 5Cover with foil and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan sauce.
- 6To make sauce
- 7When chicken is done, transfer chicken and onions to plate and cover with foil to keep warm
- 8Pour juices in frying pan, bring to boil. Mix 2tbsp cornstarch with enough cold water to make a creamy liquid. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture a little at a time to the boiling broth and whisk constantly until you reach your desired gravy consistency. Serve over chicken.