Maple Baked Chicken Breast
I decided to add a gravy and that in its self is wonderful:)
I adapted this recipe from Audrey M. at Food.com dated Oct. 14, 2005
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/8 tspfresh black pepper
4boneless skinless chicken breast
·pam cooking spray
1/2 cmaple syrup
1 tspdried thyme
1/2 tsppoultry seasoning
1 mediumred onion, thinly sliced
1 can(s)chicken broth
How to Make Maple Baked Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350
- In zip lock bag stir together flour, salt and pepper. Dust chicken with flour mixture, patting off excess.
- Coat a large frying pan with Pam spray. add chicken and brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to oven safe baking dish.
- Stir together, maple syrup, thyme and poultry seasoning and pour over chicken. Lay onions on chicken and gently pour chicken broth all over chicken and onions.
- Cover with foil and bake 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan sauce.
- To make sauce
- When chicken is done, transfer chicken and onions to plate and cover with foil to keep warm
- Pour juices in frying pan, bring to boil. Mix 2tbsp cornstarch with enough cold water to make a creamy liquid. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture a little at a time to the boiling broth and whisk constantly until you reach your desired gravy consistency. Serve over chicken.