Mangia Tutto Chicken Parmesan
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 jar(s)
- any commercial marinara sauce, your own homemade or mine: not quite your wise guy spaghetti sauce
- chicken breast, skinned, split, pounded and cut into pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp
- oregano, dried
- flour for dredging
- egg, scrambled with 1 tbsp water
- 2/3 c
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 c
- panko crumbs, or other breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb
- fresh mozzarella
- 1 lb
- pasta, cooked (linguini, spaghetti, etc
How to Make Mangia Tutto Chicken Parmesan
- 1Either make my sauce located here or at my website, or make your own or buy a jar. About 2 cups or so. Heat through.
- 2Pound the breasts until about 1/4 inch thick, trying to keep it even, cut each half into either 2 or 3 pieces. Pat dry.
- 3Sprinkle with seasonings. Then dredge in flour. When all are done, then piece by piece, coat in the egg and, lay in the parmesan and turn once, then drop into the crumbs, cover the top with crumbs, press down, and turn over, press again. Place on a wire rack until all have been done.
- 4Heat oil in the saute pan and add the chicken, not crowding. Brown and turn over, and brown the other side. Remove to the wire rack, until all are done.
- 5Place the wire rack in a parchment covered jelly roll pan, and place in a 420 oven for about 20 minutes, or until done. Chicken will remain nice and crispy this way.
- 6When chicken is done, shut off oven. Remove the chicken to top of oven, and place a slice of fresh mozzarella on each. Return to oven to let melt.
- 7Cook pasta. (Add some chopped fresh parsley if you wish, and drizzle some olive oil on the dished pasta to prevent it sticking together.
- 8At the table, fork some pasta to a dish, place a chicken piece on top, and ladle some sauce over. Grate fresh parmesan over all.