Makhani Murgh (Butter Chicken)
and asked her for recipes , which she was ever so glad to share with me
- 3 pounds of boneless chicken pieces
- oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp indian red chili powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2 cups half & half cream
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4-6 tbsp melted butter
- chopped parsley for garnish
How to Make Makhani Murgh (Butter Chicken)
- 1Heat 1 Tbsp oil in large frying pan and brown chicken pieces.
Remove and set aside
- 2Add more oil, fry onions, garlic and ginger until transparent
Add chili and garam masala, cook 2 minutes
Add tomato sauce, cook 4 minutes
- 3Add cream, return chicken pieces to pan.
Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer uncovered 30-40 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and pour melted butter over it.