Maddy's Green Chili and Chicken Enchiladas
1 lbchicken breast or thighs
6 largeflour tortillas
4 largegreen onions
2 can(s)10 oz each green enchilada sauce
1 can(s)2 and 1/4 ounce can of diced green chilies
4 oz can(s)sliced black olives
6 ozshredded mozzarella cheese
6 ozshredded sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Maddy's Green Chili and Chicken Enchiladas
- Put chicken on baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. When cool, shred. Divide evenly between two bowls.
- Brush a 9 X 13 baking dish with olive oil. Pour one cup of the green enchilada sauce on the bottom evenly.
- Spray a large skillet lightly with butter spray. Fry each tortilla individually for 15 seconds per side on medium high heat. This will help to keep them from becoming soggy while baking. Set aside.
- Chop four green onions and add half to each bowl of chicken. Add 1/4 the black olives, 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/4 of the cheddar cheese to each chicken bowl. Lightly combine the ingredients in both bowls separately.
- Lay 3 tortillas out on the counter. Spread 2 tablespoon of green enchilada sauce over one side of each. Add 1/3 of one of the chicken mixtures evenly to each. Roll and place on top of enchilada sauce in pan. Repeat using remaining 3 tortillas and remaining chicken mixture.
- Pour remaining enchilda sauce over the tortillas in baking pan. Spoon the can of green chilis evenly over that. Sprinkle remaining mozerella and cheddar cheeses on top. Evenly place remaining black olives over cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until enchiladas are hot and cheese in melted. Serve with sour cream.