LPC Chicken Dinner
This is for a chicken dinner with a few twist.
*You can add noodles or add dumplings for a different dinner.
I know that the cooking time can be a lot shorter. I just haven't trusted myself to adjust my cooking to the LPC time.
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- onion, chopped
- 2 large
- carrots, chopped
- celery stalks, chopped (i like to remove strings before chopping)
- cube of butter
- salt and pepper (lightly)
- bay leaf
- 1 small
- rosemary sprig
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- *opt: 4 red new potatoes
How to Make LPC Chicken Dinner
- 1Add butter to pot.
Add onion, carrots,& celery.
Add chicken breast.
Lightly salt and pepper.
Stir and cook vegetables and lightly brown chicken. (about 6 to 10 minutes)
Add bay leaf and rosemary and lemon juice.
Continue to cook for a few minutes to enhance flavors and add chicken broth.
- 2Put on lid and bring to a strong steam and then turn down to simmer.
Cook for 1 hour.
Remove lid and remove bay leaf and rosemary.
- 3*At this point, you can add whole new potatoes. Cover and simmer for 1/2 hr, adding more broth if needed.
This should make a thick broth to go along with the potatoes and chicken.
*Or Add another 3 or 4 more cups of chicken broth, diced potatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
Add "Herbed Dumplings"
Or add noodles..
and cook as per directions.