Low Country Chicken Bog
★★★★★ 2 votes5
1 lbsmoked sausage
1medium onion, thinly chunked
·salt, to taste
·pepper, to taste
3 cwhite rice, uncooked
How to Make Low Country Chicken Bog
- Combine the chicken, sausage, onion, butter, seasonings and in a large stock pot.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 40 minutes at a low boil.
- . Remove the chicken. Remove the meat from the bones of the chicken. (Throw away the bones and skin. ) put shredded chicken back in pot.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well. Boil for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer, cover the pot and let cook for 10 more minuets or until the rice is done.
- Turn off heat, stir well. Serve on pasta plate with a big glass of iced tea.