Low Carb Chicken Casserole
16 ozbag of cauliflower,thawed
3 Tbspstick margarine
1 1/2 lbboneless,skinless,chicken breast,cut into bite size pieces
1 Tbspchicken seasoning
2 1/2 tspstick margarine
2 1/2 tspall-purpose flour
2 cshredded sharp chedder cheese,divided
1 1/4 c2% milk,can use regular milk
1/2 tsppepper or to taste
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet large enough to hold chicken, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with chicken seasoning, stirring well to coat and cook until no longer pink and slightly browned, set aside.
- To make the Cheese Sauce:.
In a medium sized sauce pan, melt margarine over medium/low heat.
- Add flour and cook until lightly browned, and stir in milk a little at a time until slightly thickened.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups cheese into milk, to get desired thickness or thinness you might want to add a bit more milk,add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower,chicken, and cheese sauce,then pour into a greased 2 quart pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese,and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.