Low Carb Chicken Casserole
Blue Ribbon Recipe
With lots of cheesy goodness, this chicken casserole is very tasty. The luscious cheese sauce is what makes it so satisfying. While baking, it makes the house smell delicious. Serve with green vegetables or a salad and everyone will gobble up this casserole. The Test Kitchen
16 ozbag of cauliflower, thawed
3 Tbspstick margarine
1 1/2 lbboneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tbspchicken seasoning
2 1/2 tspstick margarine
2 1/2 tspall-purpose flour
2 cshredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 1/4 c2% milk, can use regular milk
1/2 tsppepper or to taste
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, large enough to hold the chicken, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Add chicken and sprinkle with chicken seasoning; stirring well to coat. Cook until no longer pink and slightly browned. Set aside.
- To make the Cheese Sauce: In a medium-sized saucepan, melt margarine over medium/low heat.
- Add flour and cook until lightly browned. Stir in milk, a little at a time, until slightly thickened.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups cheese into milk. To get the desired thickness or thinness, you might want to add a bit more milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower, chicken, and cheese sauce. Then pour into a greased 2-quart pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.