Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Add chicken or ground beef and you have a fantastic main dish!
1 smallonion (i like the purple ones)
1 pkgfresh mushrooms (small)
1 clovegarlic, chopped
20 ozpackage frozen broccoli (chopped) partially thawed
8 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
2 ccottage cheese (4% large curd)
1/4 cheavy cream
·garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. to taste
How to Make Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350
- Chop onions and garlic and mushrooms.
- Spray a skillet with non stick spray. Saute onions until almost translucent, add mushrooms and garlic. Saute until mushrooms are done.
- Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Pour broccoli, onion and mushroom mixture into the casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs and cream together, Add a dash of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Pour cottage cheese mixture on top of the broccoli and mushroom mixture. Add 1/4 of shredded cheese mixture. Stir all of the ingredients together until well blended, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 60 minutes
- OPTIONS: Add cooked ground beef, ham or chicken to the casserole to make a great main dish.