Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
Add chicken or ground beef and you have a fantastic main dish!
- 1 small
- onion (i like the purple ones)
- 1 pkg
- fresh mushrooms (small)
- 1 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 20 oz
- package frozen broccoli (chopped) partially thawed
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- cottage cheese (4% large curd)
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. to taste
How to Make Low Carb Broccoli and Cheese Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2Chop onions and garlic and mushrooms.
- 3Spray a skillet with non stick spray. Saute onions until almost translucent, add mushrooms and garlic. Saute until mushrooms are done.
- 4Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick spray.
- 5Pour broccoli, onion and mushroom mixture into the casserole dish.
- 6In medium bowl, beat eggs and cream together, Add a dash of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- 7Pour cottage cheese mixture on top of the broccoli and mushroom mixture. Add 1/4 of shredded cheese mixture. Stir all of the ingredients together until well blended, top with remaining cheese.
- 8Bake uncovered for 60 minutes
- 9OPTIONS: Add cooked ground beef, ham or chicken to the casserole to make a great main dish.