Loose meat sandwiches
Irisa Raina 9
I have been making these loose meat sandwiches since the 70s, tweaking them here and there.
This is how I make them now….when I take them to pot luck parties ….they are all gone!
410 ¾ ounce cans chicken gumbo soup
3 lbground chuck 80/20
1 mediumonion cut into small pieces
112 ounce can seagram’s ginger ale
1square mexican chocolate
2 TbspFrench’s spicy brown mustard
2 Tbspsea salt
1 Tbspfresh ground pepper
2 tspturbinado sugar “divided “
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspunsalted butter
·toasted hamburger buns
How to Make Loose meat sandwiches
- If you notice all the meat has not cooked into small pieces let it cool, then break them up with your fingers.
- Drain the meat from any grease that is in the pan.
- Add the meat back to the pan.
- Add the ginger ale mixture to the pot.
- When you empty the soup put about ¼ cup of water in one can, swish it around and keep pouring this from one can to the next till you have done this to all 4 cans, pour this in the pan.
- Add the last 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Cook this on low till all the flavors have come together and most of the liquid has cooked away. This will take about 1 to 1 & ½ hours. Stir this occasionally….