Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed (about 1 inch pieces)
- 8-10 medium
- potatoes, cubed into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 c
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp
- hot sauce of your choice (you can add less if you want it to be less spicy)
- 2-3 c
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 c
- crumbled bacon
- 1 c
- green onion, diced
How to Make Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 500 F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and hot sauce. Add potatoes and stir to coat. Carefully scoop potatoes into the baking dish, leaving as much of the oil mixture in the bowl as possible. Bake the potatoes for 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes are browned and crispy, stirring every 10-15 minutes to prevent burning.
- 3While the potatoes are cooking, add the chicken to to the rest of the oil mixture and stir to coat. Let sit aside until potatoes are done cooking.
- 4Once potatoes are finished, remove from the oven and reduce heat to 400 F. Top the potatoes with the chicken, still leaving behind some of the marinade. (Don't want the oil to burn in the oven.)
- 5In a medium bowl, mix together cheese, bacon and green onions. Top chicken and potatoes with cheese mixture.
- 6Return the casserole to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and topping is bubbly. Serve with extra hot sauce and/or blue cheese dressing.