Lipton Savory Herb Garlic Soup & Chicken
4chicken thighs or breast (skin & fat removed)
1 pkglipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
2 mediumall-purpose potatoes (or one large)
2 mediumcarrots, sliced
1 Tbspmayonnaise ( i use a heaping tablespoon)
1 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Lipton Savory Herb Garlic Soup & Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425° In broiler pan without the rack,add potatoes and carrots arrange chicken on top.
- Mix the soup with water,olive oil & mayo over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD: In slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots then chicken. Pour Soup Mix blended with water,olive oil & mayo over chicken & vegetables. Cook covered on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Tips: The directions above are from the box with a few exceptions, I had mentioned this lipton soup box recipe had mayo as one of the ingredients long ago for some reason it is no longer listed not sure what the deal is but I have kept it in as one of the components as I feel it adds so much flavor and keeps it very moist. If you don’t want to add it leave it out I just can’t tell you how it will taste. Also I use my toaster convection oven considering there is only the two of us, I am sure any toaster oven will work.
I also don’t put the carrots in as I don’t always have carrots on hand I just cook whatever veggie I happen to have on the stove top I am sure this will taste really good must try it one day.
I set my oven on 350 and cook for 35-45 min it just depends on how large the thighs are. The box calls for breast I have never used these I happen to know giant food stores carries their own brand of boneless breast that are quite amazing they seem to stay very tender so you might try these if you want to use breast. I use one large sliced potato, lay them in a 8x8 pan (mine is glass) pour half the oil soup mayo mixture on top of the spuds then lay the chicken then finish with the remaining mixture.