Linda's Lemon Chicken with Rice Pilaf
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (or more if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1¼ cup long grain rice
- 2½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbs. lemon juice
- 2 tbs. chopped kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
How to Make Linda's Lemon Chicken with Rice Pilaf
Combine 2 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano in a zip top bag. Add the chicken breasts, zip the bag and give it a good shake until the chicken breasts are evenly covered in the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinate for 30 – 60 mins.
- 2In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium high heat.
- 3Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and shake off excess – discard marinade. Cook the chicken breasts for 4-6 minutes per side or until the chicken is all the way cooked through and registers 165º F on a meat thermometer.
- 4Remove the chicken to a plate. Cover loosely with a piece of foil and keep warm.
- 5RICE PILAF:
Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer under cold running water for 2 minutes, with your fingers, rub the rice; set aside.
- 6Place butter in the same sauté pan and allow it to melt over medium high heat. Add the rinsed rice and stirring frequently, allow to toast for 3-4 minutes. Careful to keep stirring so it doesn’t ‘over-toast’ or burn.
- 7Add the chicken broth and lemon juice to the pan and bring to a boil. Stir to break up any lumps and cover.
- 8Reduce heat to low rice cook rice for 15 minutes. At the 15 minute mark, remove the cover, (rice won't be cooked through yet), add chopped olives and sliced lemon to the rice and top with the cooked chicken breasts.
- 9Cover and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 10Allow to stand for 5 minutes; sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.