Lime Cilantro Sauteed Chicken Breast
I throw frozen Chicken Breast in the frying pan on medium heat for this one. They turn out just as well as if thawed. This is a great pairing.
2chicken breasts frozen or thawed
1/3 clime fresh squeesed or real lime
1/4 cfresh cilantro sliced medium to fine
2cloves gralic (optional)
1/4 stickbutter for sauteeing and sauce
2 Tbspolive oil for sauteeing and sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Lime Cilantro Sauteed Chicken Breast
- Over medium heat place Chicken Breast un-thawed or thawed in frying pan to which you fave added a pat of butter and a teaspoon of olive oil. When first side has cooked somewhat, flip to other side. Continue flipping every 3 or 4 minutes. Cook 7 to 10 minutes.
- When breast appears 2/3 to 3/4 done add 1/4 stick butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the Lime Juice and Cilantro, to the pan. (Garlic is Optional)
- I test that they are cooked through by slicing a little and checking.
- Plate the Chicken Breasts and spoon on some of the sauce. Serve with rice, potatoes or your choice. Again -- This works very well for Shrimp, Fish, Breaded Clam sticks or other Sea Food. Margarita Anyone?
- Hint: I sometimes prepare the sauce separately by heating in the microwave. You'll need some salt to bring out the lime juice and cilantro. I add some sauce to pan and reserve some for plating. It's What's for Supper? Really.