Lime Chicken Tacos
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 3 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 1 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 c
- frozen corn (canned works fine too)
- 1 c
- herdez (or your favorite) medium salsa
- taco shells, hard or soft
- sour cream, lettuce, shredded cheese
How to Make Lime Chicken Tacos
- 1Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot. Mix lime juice and chili powder together; pour over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours, or until chicken shreds easily with a fork. Be sure your lid is on securly to retain moisture.
- 2Remove breasts from crock pot and shred with two forks. Skim any fat or loose particles from the juices in the crock pot. Return chicken to pot. Add corn and salsa, blend. Cook on low 30 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3Place mixture in taco shells using a slotted spoon if there is excess liquid, and add your favorite toppings.
- 4Tip: I like to bake my hard shells for about 4 minutes in a 350 oven for crispness. I heat my flour tortillas on a plate covered with a thick, damp paper towel to keep them moist.