Lime Chicken Soft Tacos with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
Although this wasn't much of a challenge for me, as I had already created this wonderful recipe, I could not change a good thing and wanted to share with you.
This is a family favorite. I love Mexican food and this dish is so wonderful with all the fresh ingredients and the zestfulness of the lime. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 1 clove
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- non-fat or low fat plain yogurt
- 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp
- taco or fajita seasoning
- 1 1/2 lb
- skinless, boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/8 c
- red wine vinegar
- lime, juiced
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp
- green onions, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- 5 Tbsp
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 inch flour tortillas
- tomato, diced
- shredded lettuce
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- limes, quartered
SPICY YOGURT SAUCE
LIME CHICKEN MIXTURE
How to Make Lime Chicken Soft Tacos with Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- 1To make Spicy Yogurt Sauce, with a large knife press garlic and salt together until a smooth paste forms.
Place in a small bowl with olive oil; mix well.
Stir in yogurt and taco seasoning. Cover; chill 30 minutes before serving.
- 2Saute chicken in a medium saucepan over medium high heat for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and cilantro. Simmer for an extra 10 minutes.
- 3Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan, warm, and turn over to heat the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas. An alternate way of heating the tortillas in the oven: wrap the ten tortillas in foil and place in 150 degree oven until warm, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- 4Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas topped with tomato, lettuce, cheese and spicy yogurt sauce. We like to add the juice of one lime quarter on each of our tacos after it is put together.