LEMONADE KISSED CHICKEN WINGS
A really flavorful chicken!
- 5 lb
- chicken wings (about 25 to 36)
- 1/2 c
- 2/3 c
- finely grated lemon zest from one lemon
- 2/3 c
- lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 3 c
- cooking oil
OIL FOR FRYING
How to Make LEMONADE KISSED CHICKEN WINGS
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Wash and pat dry the chicken. Tuck the wings, leave them as is, or cut the sections apart (your choice). Set aside until needed.
- 3Put Lemonade Sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Stir together over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until needed.
- 4Heat the cooking oil in a deep pan over Medium-high heat to fry the chicken / coating.
- 5Mix together the Flour Coating ingredients in a large bowl or a large zipper plastic food bag.
Put 5 - 7 pieces of chicken in the food bag. Zipper the bag closed, shake the chicken and flour mixture together to coat the chicken completely.
- 6Fry about 8 pieces of chicken at a time for about 8 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels a couple of minutes.
Start a new batch to be fried. Continue this process until all the chicken is fried.
Put the drained fried chicken on a large baking sheet. Drizzled the pan of fried chicken with the Lemonade Sauce.
- 7Bake in 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn the chicken over and return pan to the oven and bake 10 minutes longer.
- 8**** Serve on a big platter as appetizer or serve on individual plates with a vegetable and rice.