Lemon Roasted Chicken
3 to 4 lbroaster chicken
2 Tbspolive oil
·lemon pepper seasoning to taste
1/4 tspdried thyme
2 tspminced garlic
1 sprig(s)fresh rosemary or 1/2 tsp dried
1 tsplemon pepper seasoning
1/4of a lemon
How to Make Lemon Roasted Chicken
- remove giblets from chicken, wash and pat dry.
- salt inside of chicken. rub entire bird with olive oil and place in dutch oven or casserole dish.
- cut lemon into quarters, reserving 1 quarter for gravy.
- squeese 3 lemon quarters over chicken.
- inside bird place sprig of rosemary, garlic and the 3 squeezed lemon wedges.
- sprinkle lemon pepper and spices onto bird to taste.
- place into 350 degree oven for 2 to 3 hours, until thermometer in thigh shows 180 degrees.
- remove bird from pan and place on platter.
- strain drippings into fat seperating cup, discard fat and put remaining drippings into fry pan
- bring sauce to light boil.
- in cup put flour and water and mix with fork until lumps are gone.
- while stirring sauce, slowly pour flour and water mixture in. Add the lemon pepper seasonings, and squeeze the last lemon quarter in, mix well. cook for 2 or 3 minutes, until sauce is thickened. turn off heat and move pan to cool surface. stir in cream.