·"just a pinch" of salt
·"just a pinch" of pepper
2garlic cloves, minced
3 Tbsplemon juice
How to Make Lemon Roast Chicken
- Wash chicken, pat dry, season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half the oregano and garlic inside cavity.
- Melt butter in large frying pan.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Transfer to crockpot.
- Sprinkle with oregano and garlic.
- Add water to fry pan, stir to loosen brown bits.
- Pour into crockpot.
- Cook on Low 8 hours.
- Add lemon juice in the last hour of cooking.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board.
- Skim fat.
- Pour juice into sauce bowl.
- Carve bird.
- Serve with some juice spooned over chicken.