Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken
14-5 lb whole roasting chicken
3-5 sprig(s)fresh rosemary
3-5 sprig(s)fresh thyme
1/4 csoftened butter
·salt and pepper to taste
·dried rosemary and thyme if desired
How to Make Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Rinse and pat dry your roasting chicken. Season inside and out with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- In the cavity place your fresh herb sprigs and lemon quarters until full. Truss the legs and tuck the wings behind the neck area. Rub to outside of the chicken with the softened butter. I will usually crumble some dried rosemary and thyme over this layer of butter as ell
- Place the chicken on a baking rack placed on a cookie sheet and put into preheated oven. Bake at 425 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake chicken for 20 minutes per pound, checking before the last 20 minutes for internal temperature. Should reach 165 degrees.
- Once chicken reaches 165 degrees internal remove from the oven and let rest 20 minutes before serving.