Lemon-Herb Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy
This recipe comes from All Recipes.com
How to Make Lemon-Herb Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grate 1 1/2 teaspoons of zest and 1 tablespoon of juice from the lemon.
- 2Stir the lemon zest, lemon juice, soup, rosemary, thyme and garlic in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the soup mixture for the gravy. Place the chicken into a shallow roasting pan.
- 3Roast the chicken for 20 minutes. Brush the chicken with 1/4 cup of the soup mixture.
- 4Roast the chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 5Spoon off the fat from the pan juices. Stir wine in the roasting pan and heat over medium-high heat to a boil, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 6Stir in the reserved soup mixture and water and cook until the mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve gravy with the chicken.