LEMON GINGER CHICKEN
Jo Anne Sugimoto
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Easy recipe, exotic flavors! Delicious served alongside stir-fried veggies or fried rice. The Test Kitchen
How to Make LEMON GINGER CHICKEN
- 1Finely shred the peel from the lemon and also juice the lemon.
- 2In a bowl, combine the lemon peel, ginger and salt.
- 3In another bowl, combine lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and 2 Tbsp. water.
- 4Rub the lemon peel mixture over the chicken pieces. Let stand for an hour.
- 5In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and place chicken pieces in hot oil.
- 6Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until well-browned, turn chicken pieces over and add lemon juice mixture.
- 7Reduce heat cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or longer or until the chicken is fully cooked.
- 8Transfer chicken pieces to a serving platter. Skim the oil and fat from the juices in the skillet and drizzle the sauce onto the chicken pieces.
- 9Sprinkle with white toasted sesame seeds and green onions.
- 10Serves 4.