Lemon Chicken Diablo
1/2 call-purpose flour
2boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced horizontally into thin fillets
2 Tbspolive oil
1clove garlic, minced or pressed through garlic press
1 tspcrushed red pepper flakes
1 Tbspgrated lemon peel (optional)
1/4 clemon juice
1 Tbspdried or fresh chopped parsley
How to Make Lemon Chicken Diablo
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a bag.
- Shake chicken in flour mixture to coat.
- Sauté chicken in olive oil and butter, about 8 minutes on each side, until cooked through and golden.
- Sprinkle with garlic, red pepper flakes, and lemon peel.
- Cook another 2 minutes, turning chicken over a couple of times.
- Add lemon juice to skillet, pouring over all pieces. (This is where you try not to breathe the steam!) The chicken will absorb the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.