Lemon barbecue roasted chicken with vegetables
- 4 pounds chicken
- juice and grated zest of two lemons
- two cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- four potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound pumpkin, unpeeled and cut into portions
How to Make Lemon barbecue roasted chicken with vegetables
- 1wash chicken inside and out, drain and Pat dry with paper towels. In a large bowl, put the lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and oil and mix to combine. Place chicken in a large pan and spoon half of the lemon mixture over the chicken and into the cavity.
- 2Prepare kettle or hooded gas barbecue. Place potatoes and pumpkin in a large foil pan, sprinkle with remaining lemon mixture, tossing to coat. Place trays over direct heat. Cover barbecue with lid or hood and cook for 1 to 1 1/2 hours brushing chicken with lemon and herb mixture every 20 minutes. Turn vegetables
- 3Remove vegetables when cooked, cover to keep hot. Rest chicken for five minutes before carving. Serve hot with roasted vegetables and a side salad. Serves 4 to 6.