Leftover Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- leftover chicken. i used one leftover leg quarter
- 10 oz
- can enchilada sauce
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 15 oz
- can black beans
- corn tortillas
- 8 oz
- bag mexican blend grated cheese
- chopped green onion, sliced jalapenos and black olives to taste
How to Make Leftover Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 2Remove skin and bones from chicken and chop meat.
- 3Put enchilada sauce and sour cream in saucepan. Drain and rinse black beans and add. Heat through.
- 4Cut tortillas in strips.
- 5Reserve one cup of enchilada sauce on side for top of casserole. Cover bottom of 2.5 quart covered casserole with enchilada sauce mixture.
- 6Add chicken and black beans to remainder of enchilada sauce in saucepan.
- 7Cover sauce in bottom of casserole with layer of tortilla strips (I used two of the tortillas for this layer). Cover tortilla strips with cheese. Add sauce, chicken and bean mixture on top of cheese. Sprinkle liberally with chopped onions and black olives. Add layer of cheese. Cover cheese with remainder of tortilla strips (I used four tortilla)
- 8Top with remaining one cup of sauce, layer of cheese and sprinkle top with chopped onions and sliced jalapenos.
- 9Bake covered 30 minutes then remove casserole cover for remaining 10 minutes of cook time.