★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cchicken broth
1 2/3 cevaporated milk
1 can(s)(10 oz) diced green chili peppers
3 ccooked, diced chicken meat
12 ozshredded velveeta cheese
1 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make King Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Soften corn tortilla's in a skillet with melted butter or margarine (strain on paper towel)
- Sautee onions in butter or margarine until tender
- Combine the chicken soup, mushroom soup, broth, canned milk and chiles. Set aside.
- Lightly grease/non-stick spray a 13"X 9" casserole dish.
- Spread a thin layer of soup mixture on bottom of casserole dish then layer 1/3 the tortillas, 1/3 the chicken, 1/3 the onion, and 1/3 the velveeta cheese in the casserole dish. Pour 1/3 of the
soup mixture over the layer.
- Repeat the layers and top off with cheddar cheese
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.