Kim's Exquisite Pheasant
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2whole pheasant breast
4 cwater, approximately
1/2 clemon juice
1/4 tsprosemary, dried
1/4 tspthyme, dried
1/4 tspbasil, dried
1/4 tspparsley flakes
1/2 tspgarlic, minced
1 dash(es)black pepper
1medium onion, sliced
How to Make Kim's Exquisite Pheasant
- In a large crock pot spread the onion across the bottom.
- Place 2 whole pheasant breasts, I didn't debone them or split them, on top of the onions.
- Using the water fill the crockpot until the pheasant is halfway submerged, approximately 4 cups.
- Pour half the lemon juice on top of one pheasant breast, then pour the remaining lemon juice on the other pheasant breast.
- Sprinkle half of pheasant breast with half of the rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley, minced garlic and paprika on one pheasant breast. Then take the remaining half of the each spice and sprinkle it on the other pheasant breast.
- Add a dash of salt and a dash of black pepper to each pheasant breast.
- Put lid on crock pot. Cook on low for 3 hours and then on high for 3 hours.
- Remove from crock pot and carve meat away from bone. Serve.