Kim's Creamed Chicken
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast or you can use a can of chunked white chicken
- 26 oz
- can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 1-2 c
- chicken stock
- 1/2-1 c
- 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp
- dried parsley flakes
- 2 tsp
- garlic powder
- 2 pkg
- stove top chicken flavored stuffing
How to Make Kim's Creamed Chicken
- 1Cut up chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and add to boiling, salted water and boil until white and just cooked through.
- 2While the chicken is boiling, using a whisk thin the cream of chicken soup with chicken stock, further thin soup with the milk (but don't thin the soup too much with either of the above, since I never measure these ingredients - they are approximate, you may have to tweek recipe just a bit so soup doesn't end up real watery), whisk in sour cream and add parsley flakes & garlic powder and set aside.
- 3Drain chicken pieces and place pieces in an 8x8 glass baking dish. Take 2 forks and somewhat shred most of the chicken pieces.
- 4Pour the soup mixture over shredded pieces of chicken in dish and stir around to make sure all is incorporated.
- 5Place baking dish on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 mins.
- 6Prepare Stove Top Stuffing according to package directions during the last 5-10 mins of baking. Serve "creamed chicken" over Stove Top Stuffing and Enjoy!