Kid Pleasing Chicken & Spaghetti
Mary Ann Thompson
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 largechicken, boiled and bones removed (or just buy already cooked, canned chicken : ))
1 1/2 stickbutter, melted for sauteeing vegetables
1 bunchcelery, chopped
1 largeonion, chopped
3 largebell peppers, chopped
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 pkg(12 oz.) spaghetti, cooked according to pkg. directions
·grated cheese, your choice
How to Make Kid Pleasing Chicken & Spaghetti
- Before giving the original directions, let me give you my updated directions...SIMPLIFY!!! I buy the LARGE canned chicken breast at Sam's Club for my chicken! I also buy chopped, frozen peppers and onion. I really like to get the 3 pepper blend (green, yellow and red peppers) with onion and only chop the fresh celery. You could also get the "seasoning blend" that has green pepper, onion and celery all mixed. I just like the extra color of the yellow and red! I also cook the spaghetti in chicken broth instead of water. My family loves cheese and I usually get a cheese blend of shredded cheese for the top. The Mexican jalapeno blend adds just a little "kick" to the dish!
- If you are going with the original recipe, boil the chicken in a large pot until cooked through. Remove chicken from pot (reserve stock to cook spaghetti in, if desired). Cool chicken then remove skin and bones. Chop meat.
- Chop all veggies. Place in large pan and sautee in butter until tender and onions are transparent.
- Stir cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup into vegetables, mixing well.
- While veggies are sauteeing, cook spaghetti according to package direction, using chicken stock if desired in place of water.
- When veggies are done, stir in chicken, making sure it is well distributed throughout the vegetables.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti and mix well into chicken/veggies.
- Pour enite mixture into a buttered 11x17 casserole dish. Top with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts and dish is thoroughly heated through.