Kick Butt Chili Dog and Fries !
I use to have a hot dog cart in Oak Park, Illinois. I had a real steam table, but this recipe shows you how to turn a sauce pan into one by only using a little water and a lid.
Buy a good quality hot dog of which ever type of meats you choose. I like the skin on wieners.
- 8 - 10 large
- hot dogs (skin on type that are longer than the buns)
- 8 - 10
- hot dog buns
- yellow mustard (to taste)
- 1 can(s)
- hormel chili (with or without beans to your tastes)
- 1 pkg
- cheddar cheese (shredded fine)
- 1 large
- onion (chopped or minced)
- 1 large
- green onion (minced)
How to Make Kick Butt Chili Dog and Fries !
- 1Set mustard on table.
- 2chop up the onions and green onions to desired sizes. Mix together and put in a bowl and set on table.
- 3Buy shredded cheddar cheese or shred yourself. Put in a bowl and set on table.
- 4Place hot dogs in a sauce pot with 1/3 cup of water that has been brought to a boil. Put the lid on the pot. Continue heating and adding a bit more water if needed to keep the temperature up and the pan from drying out. (The object isn't to boil... but to steam!).
- 5In a separate pan, heat up the chili.
- 6Separate buns and put on top of hot dogs. Cover. Let steam 1-2 minutes or until buns are more plyable but not soggy!
- 7Apply mustard to bun, place a hot dog, add chili then cheese. top with onions.
- 8*** Serve with your favorite french fries.