Just Plain Good Golden Fried Chicken Cutlets
- 3 to 4
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 c
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- chef paul prudhomme's poultry magic seasoning
- pepper to taste
- canola oil for frying
How to Make Just Plain Good Golden Fried Chicken Cutlets
- 1In medium bowl, mix water and salt until salt is dissovled. Add chicken breasts. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. After chicken is thoroughly chilled, using a meat mallet, pound each breast to about 1/4" thick. If pieces are too large after pounding, you may cut in half. Sprinkle with Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic Seasoning, gently rub in and set aside.
- 2In separate bowls, add flour to the first bowl and add buttermilk to the second bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in flour. Dip in buttermilk and coat with remaining flour. You may need to use a little more flour.
- 3Using a heavy skillet (I use a cast-iron chicken fryer), heat oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken pieces and sprinkle with pepper. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden and carefully turn. Sprinkle with additional pepper, if desired. Cook on other side until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
- 4IMPORTANT TIP: You may have to cook the pieces in stages so as not to overcrowd your pan. I usually only cook two pieces per pan load. I usually purchase Chef Paul Prudhomme's Poultry Magic Seasoning Blend at the Food Lion stores. I've also found it at Harris Teeter and sometimes at Piggly Wiggly. Our Walmart Store doesn't carry this at all.