Juicy Fried Chicken Casserole-Style
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 3 - 4 lb
- chicken, cut in serving pieces
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- pepper (or to taste)
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (add more if needed)
How to Make Juicy Fried Chicken Casserole-Style
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Shake chicken pieces in paper bag containing flour, salt and pepper. Heat butter in large, heavy skillet, and when it sizzles brown chicken quickly on all sides, and transfer to large, shallow casserole.
- 3Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to skillet, scrape out all of the glaze, and pour over the chicken. Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender. If you want a crisp crust, uncover chicken during the last 10 minutes.
- 4If you want chicken gravy, drizzle chicken with 2 to 3 tablespoons of melted butter, along with a tablespoon or two of water, instead of pan drippings. Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons of flour into pan drippings, stir to a smooth paste, then slowly stir in half-and-half (or milk or cream) til desired consistency. Simmer a few minutes, season to taste, and add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce.