John's Tabasco WIngs
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
32 oztabasco brand buffalo style hot sauce
5 oztabasco brand original hot sauce
1 stickbutter, unsalted
30 lbchicken wings
How to Make John's Tabasco WIngs
- Spray a large baking tray with cooking spray with a light coat. This will definitely help with cleanup later.
- Mix Tabasco Buffalo Hot Sauce and the original Tabasco Hot Sauce together in a large bowl. Melt butter and add to the mix. Stir until it is well blended.
- Divide sauce. Leave one third of sauce in the original mixing bowl and reserve the remaining two thirds in an additional bowl. Use the original mixing bowl for dipping and the reserved two thirds for refilling that bowl and final coating. This way you can’t contaminate anything with uncooked or cooked chicken even though technically the wings are cooked. Just being safe on this idea.
- Bring a gallon of vegetable oil to 350 degrees. The amount of oil depends on your particular fryer.
- Cut the tips off of the wings if desired. It will help you to cook them if you do.
- Place wings in grease in small batches. Our’s holds five large wings per basket. Cook for six minutes then remove and place on a plate covered in paper towels. Start your next batch cooking.
- Once the wings have drained, place them in the original mixing bowl containing the one third mixture. Coat evenly. When coated remove and place on a large baking tray.
- Once you have a full serving of say twenty wings on the tray place the tray in the oven on high broil. Cook until bubbly and brown. Remove and cover them again with the reserved sauce using a brush. Serve hot.