Jodi's Favorite Chicken Enchiladas
Lovingly made, lovingly given :)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- chicken stock ( i use the stock that i boil the chicken in, save a little more stock in case you need to thin sauce)
- 1 pt
- whipping cream or half and half
- green onions & tops, chopped
- 1 tsp
- each salt and pepper or to taste
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- corn tortillas
- 3 c
- cooked chicken breast ( i boil mine and chop, saving the broth for the stock )
- small can green chiles
- 14.5 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 lb
- cheddar cheese, grated
- small can sliced black olives
How to Make Jodi's Favorite Chicken Enchiladas
- 1**** Preheat oven to 350 degrees
**** I shred my chicken
**** grease or spray baking dish
- 2Mix the flour with the 1 cup of stock and heat until slightly thickened. Add the cream or half and half, green onion, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in sour cream until well mixed. (use the extra stock if sauce is too thick) Remove from heat.
- 3In a bowl add some of the sauce, about 1/2 cup to the chicken and add green chiles (making sure you reserve enough sauce for pouring on top of the enchilada's) Add salt and pepper to the chicken mix.
- 4** Just before you dip the tortillas in the cream sauce put the tortillas in the microwave just until they are hot to the touch, about 10 to 15 seconds, and then dip them in the hot sauce so they won't break apart when you roll them.
Dip each tortilla in cream sauce. Arrange chicken mix down the center of each tortilla. Roll and place seam down in a greased or sprayed baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchilada's, then also pour enchilada sauce over all.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle cheddar cheese and black olives over all and return to the oven until cheese has melted and bubbly. Serve and enjoy with your favorite mexican side dishes!