Jodie's Drunk Chicken
3 1/2 lbwhole fresh fryer or roasting chicken
1/2 can(s)budweiser™ beer
1roost (stand for roasting)
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1 Tbsppomegranite glaze
2 Tbspgarlic, minced (divide)
1 1/2 tspmontreal chicken seasoning
1 pinchrosemary sprigs (crushed)
·olive spray (light)
1 Tbspliquid smoke flavoring (your favorite)
How to Make Jodie's Drunk Chicken
- Wash beer cans. Wash roost.
Spray roost with food spray - helps with cleanup.
Open beer cans, remove 1/2 contents - leaving 6 ounces or half.
Insert can in roost. Arrange with hole facing handle.
- Put 1 tablespoon of minced garlic in beer can. Foam is OK.
- Clean chickens thoroughly, inside and out. Remove unwanted parts. Pat dry with paper towel...
Apply olive oil to chicken. Thin coating all over.
- Rub chicken with Montreal seasoning and rosemary...
Place chicken cavity over beer can. Press down firmly.
Chickens should be straight up, facing handle. Cross legs over roost rail.
- Put remainder of garlic, pomegranate glaze,butter, liquid smoke into small sauce pan stir while butter melts..Baste chicken while cooking.
- You may cook on Grill or in oven.....
Cook two (2) hours at 350*, or until done - 180* in breast and thigh.
Use meat thermometer to test doneness. Do not under cook!
When done, leave chickens on roost, put roost on platter.
Carve and serve directly from roost.