Jerked Chicken With Fruit
- 2-4 tsp
- jerk seasoning
- 4 medium
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
- 2 can(s)
- sliced peaches, reserve juice
- green onions cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 c
- sliced fresh plums
- 1 Tbsp
- packed brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- fresh cherries, pitted
- 2 c
- hot cooked brown rice
How to Make Jerked Chicken With Fruit
- 1Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of waxed paper and pound them out to about a half inch width. This makes browning them quicker and easier.
- 2Rub chicken breasts with jerk seasoning.
- 3Spray skillet with non-stick spray and brown chicken for 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- 4Add 2-3 Tablespoons of reserved peach juice to skillet, add onions and cook, stirring until tender. About 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the remaining peach juice, half the peach slices and half the plum slices and brown sugar and salt to the skillet, cook and stir for 3-4 minutes until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in cherries, remaining peaches and plums. Spoon over chicken and serve with rice.
- 5NOTE: I make this using No-Sugar-Added peaches to cut the calories and it works just as well. If you want it really hot, add a couple of serrano peppers, peeled and finely chopped.