★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 Tbspcaribbean jerk seasoning
1 1/2 lbboneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
1 largegreen or red bell pepper, chopped
1 mediumonion, chopped
1/2 cchicken broth
How to Make Jerked Chicken Sandwiches
- Rub the jerk seasoning generously over the chicken.
Place the bell pepper and onion in the bottom of a 3 to 4 quart crock-pot or slow cooker.Place chicken over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine broth and ketchup, mix well and pour mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- To serve, remove chicken from slow cooker. shred chicken and return to the slow cooker and mix well with the vegetables.
- With a slotted spoon, spoon chicken and vegetables onto the buns.