★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 Tbsp
- caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 1/2 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 large
- green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 c
- chicken broth
- 1/4 c
- hoagie buns
How to Make Jerked Chicken Sandwiches
- 1Rub the jerk seasoning generously over the chicken.
Place the bell pepper and onion in the bottom of a 3 to 4 quart crock-pot or slow cooker.Place chicken over the vegetables.
- 2In a small bowl, combine broth and ketchup, mix well and pour mixture over the chicken.
- 3Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
- 4To serve, remove chicken from slow cooker. shred chicken and return to the slow cooker and mix well with the vegetables.
- 5With a slotted spoon, spoon chicken and vegetables onto the buns.