Jen's Stir Fried Lo-Mein
- 1 lb
- pork,chicken,beef or shrimp or a combo of some or all
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
- baby carrots, julienned
- celery stalk, sliced on a slant
- onion, chopped
- green onions, chopped
- head of broccoli, blanched
- handful of peapods
- red,orange or yellow pepper(or a 13 of a combo of all 3),julienned
- 1 small
- can mung bean sprouts(or fresh if available)
- 1 small
- can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 small
- can bamboo shoots
- 1 can(s)
- low sodium chicken or beef broth
- flavored stir fry sauce(i prefer to use iron chef tm sesame garlic sauce)
- seasoning (like mccormick’s szechwan tm or emril’s asian tm)
- 1 lb
- linguine or angel hair pasta
How to Make Jen's Stir Fried Lo-Mein
- 1Cut up the carrots,celery,onion,pepper,& green onion.Put in a bowl & set aside.
- 2Julienne whatever meat you’re using.If you want you can cut up the meat ahead of time and marinate with soy sauce, teriyaki sauce or orange juice with a little Asian seasoning or Chinese 5 spice.
- 3You can also blanche the broccoli ahead of time and set aside.
- 4Open cans of sprouts,shoots & chestnuts & drain. Set aside.
- 5Heat a pot of water for the pasta.
- 6Heat up a little oil in a large cast iron skillet or wok.
- 7Toss in and brown the beef,chicken,or pork.
- 8Take the meat out of the pan and set aside.
- 9Now you want to stir fry the raw vegetables. Start with a little oil,toss in the minced garlic,saute a moment and throw in carrots,pepper,celery & onions.Stir fry a few minutes.
- 10Add the browned meat.
- 11Sprinkle in some seasoning & stir fry a few more minutes.(tsp to a tbsp)
- 12Add about 13 -12 can of broth and your flavored sauce…(example:13- 12 bottle of Sesame Garlic Sauce)
- 13(If you are doing raw deveined shrimp now is a good time to throw the shrimp in. If shrimp is already cooked wait until the end and toss in with pea pods.)
- 14Cover pan with a lid for a few moments and let the flavors blend and the shrimp to cook.
- 15In the mean time…if your water has started to boil,it’s time to prepare your pasta. Follow package directions.
- 16Take the lid off of your stir fry. Add the drained canned vegetables,pea pods, & broccoli.
- 17Stir & put the lid back on for a minute or three.
- 18If you like your sauce a little thicker,put a tsp or two of corn starch in a little cold water and add to the stir fry & mix it through.
- 19Drain your pasta & put it back in the pan.
- 20Toss in a little bit of the flavored sauce and stir.
- 21Now you serve. Either put the pasta right in a bowl and put vegetables and sauce on top or put the pasta right in the stir fry and toss together.
- 22Serve with some crispy chow mein noodles on top.Deep fry some mini egg rolls as a side dish.