Jen's Firehouse Chicken Enchilada Casserole
**I take some shortcuts while making this receipe. Instead of having two different cheese I just buy a large bag of shredded mexican cheese.
**As far as the chicken, depending on the mood I am in, sometimes I used two large can of the chicken you can get at Costco.
This is amazing leftover! And it freezes great.
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- white onion, diced small
- 4 oz
- can diced green chilis
- 10 oz
- can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz
- slices black olives
- 4 large
- flour tortillas, each cut into 6 pie shaped wedges
- 1 c
- salsa(whatever kind you like)
- 4 c
- diced, cooked chicken meat
How to Make Jen's Firehouse Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and lightly grease a 9inch x 13inch baking pan.
- 2In a small bowl, toss the grated cheese together and set aside.
- 3In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft.
- 4Stir in the green chilis, soup and half the cheese.
- 5Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until the cheese melts.
- 6Line the bottom of the prepared baking pan with 9 of the tortilla wedges
- 7Spead evenly with 1/2 cup of salsa
- 8Cover evenly with 2 cups of chicken, then 1/2 the cheese sauce
- 9Repeat the layers: first the remaining tortilla wedges, then salsa, then chicken, then cheese sauce.
- 10Top with the remaining shreded cheese.
- 11Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 50 mintues or until hot and bubbly.
- 12Let stand on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.