Jen's Firehouse Chicken Enchilada Casserole
**I take some shortcuts while making this receipe. Instead of having two different cheese I just buy a large bag of shredded mexican cheese.
**As far as the chicken, depending on the mood I am in, sometimes I used two large can of the chicken you can get at Costco.
This is amazing leftover! And it freezes great.
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbspolive oil
1 largewhite onion, diced small
4 ozcan diced green chilis
10 ozcan cream of mushroom soup
8 ozslices black olives
4 largeflour tortillas, each cut into 6 pie shaped wedges
1 csalsa(whatever kind you like)
4 cdiced, cooked chicken meat
How to Make Jen's Firehouse Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and lightly grease a 9inch x 13inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, toss the grated cheese together and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until soft.
- Stir in the green chilis, soup and half the cheese.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-low heat until the cheese melts.
- Line the bottom of the prepared baking pan with 9 of the tortilla wedges
- Spead evenly with 1/2 cup of salsa
- Cover evenly with 2 cups of chicken, then 1/2 the cheese sauce
- Repeat the layers: first the remaining tortilla wedges, then salsa, then chicken, then cheese sauce.
- Top with the remaining shreded cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 50 mintues or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.