How to Make Japanese Chicken
- 1Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat.
- 2Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
Remove any stuff that rises to the surface.
- 3Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the liquid, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.
- 4Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove the garlic clove and chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.
NOTE: This is a glaze not a sauce, so there won't be a lot of it.
- 5P.S. For those who want EXTRA GLAZE, double the ingredients.
You can put it over rice!
Also, try in the crockpot and let it cook for 4 hours on low.
The crock pot made the chicken so tender it was falling off the bone.
You can add any ckicken parts you want.