JAMIE'S STUFFED CHICKEN WITH WHITE SAUCE
It can be served for a quick luncheon easy to fix meal and will look like you worked so hard to prepare it.
I used my Grandmothers stuffing recipe to stuff in side the breast and made my white sauce that I use often on my meats except this one I used a White Wine in the sauce.
10silices of white bread left out to dry on counter
4large left over biscuits
4plain corn bread cakes
1 cdiced onions
1 cdiced celery
1 cchicken broth
CHICKEN BREAST LARGE BUTTERFILED
8 largemushrooms sliced
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 clovefresh pressed garlic
1/4 cheavy cream
1/4 cwhite wine
2 cchicken broth
4 ozjar of sliced pimientos drained
How to Make JAMIE'S STUFFED CHICKEN WITH WHITE SAUCE
- Let the bread air dry out then crumble in mixing bowl with the biscuits and corn bread also crumble.
Add the celery and onions and mix up with your hands till well incorporated together.
- Beat two raw eggs up and stir into mixture add about a teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour in hot chicken broth a little at a time to make sure you just have it to a moist stiff consistancy. Set aside
- CHICKEN BREAST
- I bought 4 large bone out skinned chicken breast. Butterfly the breast. Pound the breast on booth sides to flatten and tenderize.
Place the breast on a flat oven proof pan and grill lightly under the broil low heat for a few minutes to remove some of the raw. Do this on both sides it will look off white at this stage. Rmove from the oven and let cool a few minutes.
- With breast open mound the stuffing up on one side mashing into a nice shape along the breast. Fold the other half over on top like you are making a sandwich and use tooth picks to push through the side to hold down for cooking.
- Bake in the oven at 350
Place about a 1/4 of cup of chicken brooth in a deep dish casserole large enough for your breast. Place the breast in the casserole and let bake about 45 minutes making sure the breast is done when you remove from the oven.
- Place the rice on the plate and lay the chicken breast on the rice and smother with the white sauce.
Dress it up by adding a sprinkle of parsley all over the chicken breast and around the rice lightly.
- WHITE SAUCE
- In a large skillet add the olive oil over med heat and suate the mushrooms and garlic with a pinch of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Sprinkle the flour over this when tender and mix like a paste. Add the 1/4 cup of cream and stir, then the wine and chicken brooth. Cook till thickened add more brooth if too stiff or flour and cream if too watery. Also add in sliced pimientos