- bonless skinless chicken breast cut into chuncks
- italian sausage, (hot) cut into chunks
- large green peppers sliced
- large sweet onions sliced
- russet potatoes; peeled and cut into thick strips
- 1/2 c
- olive oil
How to Make Italian Winter Casserole
- 1In a 13x9 pan, sprayed with Pam, layer cut up sausage. BAKE 10 MINUTES IN A 325 degree preheated oven uncovered. Meanwhile, put remaining vegetables and meat in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over top and mix well.
In a small bowel, mix the following spices:
1/4 c dried basil leaves
1 Tb. oregano
2 Tb. Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Toss into the vegetables.
- 2Remove pan from oven, drain any drippings. Add veggies and chicken, mix well. Cover with foil for 1 1/2 hr. Remove foil and sprinkle 1 cup of fresh grated Romano cheese. Continue baking for 1/2 hr. Serve