★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 large
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz
- ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- each black olives, onion, parsley- chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
- 14 1/2 oz
- pasta sauce
- 1 c
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 oz
- fettucini, cooked and drained
How to Make Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1Carefully slit lengthwise pocket in chicken breasts, starting at the thick side and cutting approximately 3/4 of the way through the width of each breast. Season inside and out with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 2In large bowl make the stuffing by combining the ricotta with the black olives, onion, parsley and garlic salt. Place about a 1/4 cup of stuffing in each pocket of the chicken breasts.
- 3Arrange the chicken in a 9X13" baking pan and cover with the pasta sauce. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees about 35-40 minutes, or until the chicken is done. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top and return to the oven another 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- 4Serve the chicken on top of the fettucini. If you prefer more sauce, you can spoon some of the additional sauce from the baking dish over the pasta as well.