Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 c
- italian dressing, any brand
- mild italian sausage link
- 20 slice
- 1/2 c
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- smoked gouda cheese, grated
- small onion, chopped
How to Make Italian Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- 2Marinade the chicken breasts in 1/2 cup of italian dressing for at least 30 minutes, I have did it as long as a day before cooking.
- 3Take the casing off the sausage link, put the sausage in a frying pan and brown the sausage. Then add the chopped pepperoni and chopped onion and cook for about 5 minutes longer. Drain the grease, and mix all of the cheese with the rest of the stuffing.
- 4Take the chicken breasts out of the marinade and cut a slight incision in the thickest part of the chicken breast.
- 5Take a regular spoon and start stuffing the chicken breasts. Be sure not to overfill them. (usually takes about 3 or 4 spoon fulls) Then take a tooth pick to seal the chicken breast.
- 6Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish and then pour the remainder 1/2 cup of italian dressing over the chicken breasts, place some aluminum foil over the baking dish and put in the oven for approximately 1 hour.
- 7Take the chicken out of the oven, and take the aluminum foil off, baste the chicken in the italian dressing left in the pan and continue to bake them for 15 minutes until golden brown.