Italian Lemon Chicken
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
1 lbboneless skinless chicken breast cut in half into cutlets
1 cchicken broth
1/2 cwhite wine like chardonnay
1 citalian seasoned bread crumbs (i like progresso brand)
·flour for dredging
1 Tbspgrated parmesan cheese
·vegetable oil for frying
·olive oil, extra virgin for frying
·salt & pepper
·sliced lemon for garnish
·drained capers for garnish (optional)
How to Make Italian Lemon Chicken
- In a flat plate put the flour and add salt & pepper as desired. Mix into the flour.
- In another flat plate put the bread crumbs and add 1 Tbs of grated Parmesan cheese. Mix into the bread crumbs.
- In a bowl scramble two eggs.
- Dip each slice of chicken in the flour first, then the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- In a frying pan put vegetable oil and some EV olive oil for added flavor and heat.
- Fry the chicken till light golden.
- Grease using 4 Tbsp. of butter in an 9x13 pan.
- Place the chicken in the pan. Add 1 sliced pat of butter atop each piece of chicken.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth, 1/2 cup of white wine and the juice of 1 whole lemon into baking pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 mins. at 350F. Remove the foil for the last 10 mins.
- Serve on serving platter garnished with lemon, parsley and capers for presentation. Pour over remaining sauce from pan and serve warm.