Italian Lemon Chicken
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- 1 lb
- boneless skinless chicken breast cut in half into cutlets
- eggs beaten
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1/2 c
- white wine like chardonnay
- 1 c
- italian seasoned bread crumbs (i like progresso brand)
- 4 Tbsp
- flour for dredging
- 1 Tbsp
- grated parmesan cheese
- vegetable oil for frying
- olive oil, extra virgin for frying
- salt & pepper
- sliced lemon for garnish
- of parsley
- drained capers for garnish (optional)
How to Make Italian Lemon Chicken
- 1In a flat plate put the flour and add salt & pepper as desired. Mix into the flour.
- 2In another flat plate put the bread crumbs and add 1 Tbs of grated Parmesan cheese. Mix into the bread crumbs.
- 3In a bowl scramble two eggs.
- 4Dip each slice of chicken in the flour first, then the egg and then into the bread crumbs.
- 5In a frying pan put vegetable oil and some EV olive oil for added flavor and heat.
- 6Fry the chicken till light golden.
- 7Grease using 4 Tbsp. of butter in an 9x13 pan.
- 8Place the chicken in the pan. Add 1 sliced pat of butter atop each piece of chicken.
- 9Add 1 cup of chicken broth, 1/2 cup of white wine and the juice of 1 whole lemon into baking pan.
- 10Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 mins. at 350F. Remove the foil for the last 10 mins.
- 11Serve on serving platter garnished with lemon, parsley and capers for presentation. Pour over remaining sauce from pan and serve warm.