Italian Crock Pot Chicken
Sometimes I add additional vegetables like peas or carrots, depending on what I have on hand and what sounds good that day.
- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 2 pkg
- (4 ounce) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 can(s)
- (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 pkg
- dry italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 c
- dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper ot to taste
How to Make Italian Crock Pot Chicken
- 1Rinse chicken, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken breasts into a slow cooker, and drizzle melted butter all over the chicken breasts, lifting them up to allow butter to flow underneath the chicken. Cover the cooker, set to high, and cook until tender, 4 to 5 hours.
- 2With a metal spatula, chop up the chicken into large bite-size pieces in the slow cooker.
Place the cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, Italian salad dressing mix, sherry, and black pepper into a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce is well combined.
Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover, and cook on high until the flavors have blended and the sauce is bubbling, about 30 more minutes.
Serve over pasta or rice.