- chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 14 1/2 oz
- diced tomatoes
- 1 small
- can sliced mushrooms
- small vidalia onion (diced)
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- lemon pepper, to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 pkg
- italian style shredded cheese with parmesan
How to Make Italian Chicken Breasts
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Heat olive oil in large skillet, add chopped onions and mushrooms, saute' until onions are soft, take out and set aside.
- 3Add chicken to seasoned oil and cook until white on both sides taking care not to over cook.
- 4Spray a 9X13 baking dish with butter flavored cooking spray and add chicken in one layer.
- 5Spoon diced tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms in a mound over each chicken breast. Sprinkle shredded cheese over tomato mixture as desired to hold ingredients onto chicken.
- 6Cover dish tightly with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
- 7Serve with seasoned French-style green beans, asparagus, or a salad topped with low fat Italian dressing.