Italian Chicken and Rice
This is a versatile recipe. Feel free to add some mushrooms, some spinach, use fresh garlic instead of garlic powder, so easy to change it up. I've done it all over the years!
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb
- boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 3 to 4 Tbsp
- 15 1/2 oz
- prepared pasta sauce (your favorite)
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 2 c
- sliced celery
- 3 c
- hot cooked rice
How to Make Italian Chicken and Rice
- 1Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper, to your liking.
- 2Melt the butter, and saute the chicken pieces for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the pasta sauce, and Italian seasoning.
Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Add the celery and continue cooking until the celery in tender crisp.
- 4Serve over beds of fluffy rice.
Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.