Indonesian Ginger Chicken
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- soy sauce
- 1/4 c
- minced garlic (about 8 to 12 garlic cloves)
- 1/2 c
- peeled and grated fresh ginger root
- (3 1/2 pound) fryer chickens, quartered (i used 2 pre-cut fryer chickens, skin-on)
How to Make Indonesian Ginger Chicken
- 1Cook the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root in a small saucepan over low heat until the honey is melted. Arrange the chicken in 1 layer in a shallow baking pan, skin side down, and pour the sauce over the chicken pieces. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator (or at least for 1 hour).
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3Place the baking pan (covered with foil) in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, turn the chicken skin side up, and increase oven temperature to 375°F. Continue baking (uncovered) for 30 minutes more or until the juices run clear when you pierce a leg and thigh with a fork, and also making sure the sauce is a rich, dark brown.