Indonesian Ginger Chicken
3/4 csoy sauce ( low sodium is fine)
1/4 cminced garlic (or just use a full head of garlic)
1/2 cpeeled and grated ginger root
2(3-4 lb) chickens, quartered, backbones removed
How to Make Indonesian Ginger Chicken
- Put the honey, soy, garlic & ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Immediately after it comes to a boil, remove from the heat, let cool.
- Butcher your chicken into eight large pieces. No sissy pieces here, friends.
Put the chicken skin side down on a baking sheet - something w/ sides, I used my trusty half sheet pans.
- Pour the cooled marinade over all the chicken, slather well.
Make sure the skin side is down but the marinade gets all underneath as well.
After all the chicken is coated, cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When heated, put chicken (still covered with foil) into oven and bake for 30 minutes.
The chicken will look half cooked, it is. Don't worry.
Flip everyone over so skin side is up and turn oven up to 375 degrees.
- Bake for another 30 minutes until skin is nice and golden.
Some of the little wing tips may be a little charred, delish!
To check for doneness make sure all the joints don't have any blood and there isn't anymore pink flesh.