Indonesian Chicken Salad
- 2 lb
- waxy potatoes, diced
- 10 1/2 oz
- fresh pineapple, diced
- carrots, grated
- 1 3/4 c
- beans spouts
- bunch of scallions, chopped
- large zucchini, cut into thin sticks
- celery stalks, cut into sticks
- 6 oz
- unsalted or salted peanuts, i used salted
- cooked chicken breasts fillets, diced
- 6 Tbsp
- peanut butter, crunchy
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 Tbsp
- light or regular soy sauce, i used regular
- red chili,
- 2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 4 tsp
- lime juice
- 1 tsp
- salt...i added this since it is bland
How to Make Indonesian Chicken Salad
- 1Cut potatoes into small dice.
- 2Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain them and let cool.
- 3Transfer the cooked potatoes into a salad bowl.
- 4Add the pineapple, carrots, bean sprouts, scallions, zucchini, celery, peanuts, and sliced chicken to the potatoes. Toss salad ingredients together.
- 5To make the dressing, put the peanut butter into a small mixing bowl and gradually whisk in the olive oil and soy sauce.
- 6Stir the red chili, sesame oil, and lime juice. Mix well.
- 7Pour the spicy dressing in the salad and toss lightly to coat all the ingredients. Serve immediately.